Article written by

12 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Kurt Olsen
    Kurt Olsen at | | Reply

I strongly disagree with the ‘it just works’ comment. The amount of bugs you see when doing gui development in a stand-alone java application are just pathetic. Generally speaking I give the code quality a 3-4 out of a possible 10.

2. peter jones
    peter jones at | | Reply

No, I believe NetBeans is PC of the IDE world with that vast compatibility. Or rather NetBeans is Java language of IDE world, very portable.
    pj

3. Chong Ma
    Chong Ma at | | Reply

I spelt some wrong english words.
    Oh, my god.
    The right sentence as follows:
    When I configure eclipse, I have many things to do.
    And the most important factor is that netbeans has Chinese version, that is perfect.

4. Chong Ma
    Chong Ma at | | Reply

I also do agree with you.
    When configure eclipse, I have many things to do.
    And the most important fact is that netbeans has Chinese version, that is perfect.

5. Gene
    Gene at | | Reply

So if you use NetBeans you need to stop shaving, wear a hoodie and cop a too-hip-for-this-planet attitude right?

6. Robin5475
    Robin5475 at | | Reply

I do agree with you. I like NetBeans very much.It’ simplified works for developer. It saved me from boring download-config process.

7. MSN Animations
    MSN Animations at | | Reply

Thanks very much for your great blog.

8. BrodocK
    BrodocK at | | Reply

Not only free, but good enough.

“The only IDE you need”

9. Paul
    Paul at | | Reply

I agree with you somewhat, NetBeans is great and it works straight out of the box but it’s because of Eclipses flexible plugin system that more and more businesses are using it. Don’t get me wrong, it can be a pain to configure but it’s really handy.

And usually people like choice in there plugins, surely many plugins that have different strengths and weaknesses that’ll better siut a job is better than being strapped to a single way. I mostly use Netbeans, but I also use Eclipse for things that NetBeans can’t do (and it’s getting to be a lot).

10. TimSparg
    TimSparg at | | Reply

I have to agree with you.
    I’m sure that there will be thousands of people proclaiming the virtues of eclipse, but I find it incredibly difficult to use.

The simplest example i can think of is the module manager – this vexed me for a while.
    Under what menu do you find the module manager?
    a)Settings
    b)options
    c)tools
    d)help

powerful maybe , easy to use… not so much

11. Jimmi
    Jimmi at | | Reply

Just browsing along, trying to find out if there is a EOF cmd (CTRL-D)once you run a program in netbeans. I’ve been doing a lot of programming at the console and in need of something that supports this. So far, I have not found a way to complete this yet in netbeans…n e ideas?

Thx in advance,