Article written by

18 Responses

Page 1 of 1
  1. Ryan Martin
    Ryan Martin at | | Reply

Is querytype really necessary or can I remove that part?  I am using this with MVC3 and this is exactly the setup I want is far as caching goes but I am not sure how I can set querytype in my view since MVC doesn’t have arrays like your using in PHP.

1. Sean Sandy
      Sean Sandy at | | Reply

Nope, it is not required. In this case I was using it to validate the query and return the correct data for that type. If you can (or have to) do it a different way in MVC3, then by all means, go ahead!

1. Ryan Martin
        Ryan Martin at | | Reply

Thanks!

2. Steve
    Steve at | | Reply

Sean, what is sQuery ? Is that a custom mysql wrapper you use. I couldn’t find it through google.

1. Sean Sandy
      Sean Sandy at | | Reply

Any query builder really, I have one in ShoestringPHP:

I have also started building one from scratch using tdd:

1. Steve
        Steve at | | Reply

Cool, okay just wondering. I appreciate the code sample for autocomplete. This saves mucho time.
        Thanks

1. Sean Sandy
          Sean Sandy at | | Reply

Glad it helped! I put in the generated sql as a comment below the code to help out as well, maybe it should have been on top?

1. steve
            steve at |

No, where you have it is fine.. most people would see it.. i think I was in need of caffeine about that time

3. Eric
    Eric at | | Reply

It just doesn’t work.

4. Jay
    Jay at | | Reply

Was cut off
    HTML id=”ajax_container_id” style=”display:none;”

5. Jay
    Jay at | | Reply

Thank you for the code.
    I will appreciate your comment on this one:

HTML

[div id=”ajax_container_id” style=”display:none;”] [/div]

JavaScript (source part)

source:

function(req, res){
    $('#ajax_container_id').html('');
    $('#ajax_container_id').load('?r=controller/action',{ request:req['term'], someotherdata:data },function(){
    if($('#ajax_container_id').html()!=''){
    res(eval('('+$('#ajax_container_id').html()+')'));
    }
    $('#ajax_container_id').html('');
    });
    },

PHP as is or any…

There is no caching but an idea of a shorter code.

Thank you in advance.

6. Marek
    Marek at | | Reply

Hi

Thanks for your tutorial. One thing you forgot is parsing json from string.

Regards

1. Marek
      Marek at | | Reply

Oops sorry, everythink is ofcourse OK